Monday, April 23, 2012

A Miracle on Percy Street...

Yesterday I was feeling really shitty.

Seasonal adjustment disorder or a hormonal coup d'etat...who knows.

Who cares.

But on my way home,

I dragged my sorry butt into the supermarket to pick up a few necessaries.

While I put my things through the register, this lovely lady on the checkout who I don't really know- but she musta' noticed me before- smiled & said 'you've lost a lot of weight! you look really good'!

I was stunned. I didn't know what to say.

Kind words from strangers are so rare...when they come, they can startle you; leave you losferwords.

I eventually found my tongue, thanked her, took my goodies & went about my business...a little lighter in the loafers.

Some would call this a 'miracle'...

No comments:

Post a Comment